Arun Singh
Asked April 25, 2016

How to correct Date of Birth?

  • 2 Answers

My child's date of birth as per school record is 30/04/2001 whereas actual right date of birth is 30/08/2001 which is there in birth certificate,passport,aadhar. As you are aware ICSE exam registration happens in beginning of class 9 so it has been registered with above incorrect date. What do I do?

Answers 2

According to the ICSE Regulations (which can be accessed on this link), as you can see under point 7 (on page 11), it states that the Name and DOB must be certified by the Head of the School at the time of the entry. If the documents submitted by you as proof to the school for this, had the correct DOB (i.e. 30.08.2001) then the School should have certified and entered, that DOB. Also see that sub point (ii) (a) says that (in case of discrepancies) the onus of responsibility in certifying the necessary changes/corrections lies with the Head of the School who shall be held liable in case of any legal dispute arising in future. Kindly approach the school and ask them rectify their records as any information they certified and forwarded to the ICSE, as soon as possible.
Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 6 years ago

I Agree
Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.