Asked November 29, 2016

Getting soft copy of RC Book

  • 1 Answer

How do i get soft copy of my RC book of my new bike?

Answer 1

Answered by Saurabh Kumar, Lawfarm Researcher:


You could either write an application to the transport department of your state , if  they 

have any such facility available . 

In case they do not have any such facility, you could use a new facility called- DigiLocker. 

The government has announced digital locker facility that will help citizens to digitally store 

their important documents like PAN card, passport, mark sheets and degree certificates.​

Called DigiLocker, it is aimed at eliminating the use of physical documents and enable 

sharing of verified electronic documents across government agencies. Operated by the 

Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), the service has been running 

in beta since past few months. It was launched on July 1.​

Presently, Indian citizens will get a maximum of 10MB storage space, which can later be 

increased to 1GB.​

Here's a step-by-step guide to help you upload your documents in DigiLocker.​

Step 1: To sign-up for your DigiLocker, one needs Aadhaar number and a mobile number 

that is linked to that Aadhaar number. Users can also link the account to their Google, 

Facebook accounts. Once you have registered, you can start uploading documents in the My 

certificates section.​

Step 2: Select a document type. You'll have options such as SSC Certificate, HSC Certificate, 

PAN card, Voter ID card, etc. in a drop down list.​

Step 3: You are allowed to provide a name for the document.​

Step 4: Fill in some details related to the document being uploaded.​

Step 5: Choose the file from your local machine. It should not be more than 1MB in size and 

only in pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp or gif format.​

Step 6: Provide a short description of the document in 50 characters.​

Step 7: Click 'upload' button. The document should now appear under the 'Uploaded 

Documents' sub-section. 


This is available at- .  


Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.