Raj Ratan
in Criminal Law
Asked July 02, 2017

Friend lied and took money now not returning

  • 1 Answer

My friend borrowed money from me saying that he needs it urgently for a treatment. I later found out he was lying. Now I need my money back, please tell me way to do so.

Answer 1

You can file a case of Cheating against them. Make sure you have enough evidence to prove your case. Section 415, 420 of IPC will cover your case as you have been defrauded by them. 

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.