Asked November 09, 2016

Fraud by Visa Consultancy Firm

  • 1 Answer

Hello, About three months ago I was promised a job abroad and was asked to pay a sum of money and was guaranteed that I ll be flying in next 15 days .Also got an offer letter and Visa which was valid for three months. .However its been three months but all I am getting is fake promises and new excuses,my visa is also now expired .I want my money back and also sue for the mental harrasment they have caused.What do I need to do further for legal proceedings ?

Answer 1

You can file a case against these people for cheating under Section 415 IPC, 417 IPC and 420 IPC. You can go and file a complaint at the police station, with all documentary and telephone records as evidence. 


Section 417 , IPC requires fulfilment of these conditions-

Transfer of money or property Such transfer must be based on deceit or forgery As a result of such transfer you have faced monetary/property losses.

In this case, you have transferred money, based on a false promise of a response from their end, which has led to loss of money from your side.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.