Fazal Karim
Asked February 01, 2017

Fraud by Job Consultancy Firm

  • 2 Answers

I was promised job by a placement consultancy and they took money from me. But now they are refusing to pay the money and did not arrange a single interview. How can I file a case against them.

Answers 2

In case you feel like you have been cheated into making the payment, then you can file a criminal case against the firm for cheating under Section 417 IPC.


Section 417 , IPC requires fulfilment of these conditions-

1. Transfer of money or property

2. Such transfer must be based on deceit or forgery

3. As a result of such transfer you have faced monetary/property losses.

In this case, you have transferred money, based on a false promise of a response from their end, which has led to loss of money from your side.


You can also file a case against them in the court of law for fraud under Contract Act (S. 17(3) of the Indian Contract Act, 1872). You have entered into a contract with them and the money which you have already paid will serve as your consideration. once you have paid the money, you have complied with your part of the contract and they are compelled to do their part.  You can sue them under S. 23 of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 also, citing the reason that the object of the contract is to make money by fraudulently deceiving the party and therefore, it is against public policy.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

In your case, they played a multiple fraud like misrepresentation, cheating, criminal breach of contract under Indian Penal Code. for that purpose fast and effective remedy to back your money that is file a police complaint along with facts and photocopy of documents. In case police logged NCR, then your have approched the Court U/s 200 crpc R/w 156 (3) for remedy.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.