Asked April 19, 2017

FIR for Cheating

  • 2 Answers

My husband had a fight and left the house in june 2016 , he had filed a criminal case (420 IPC,408, etc) against my parents and me . I have got the notice stating an FIR if filed . What should be my next step to counteract this .. I haven't filed any case till now expecting to settle the issue amicable . I have a small kid also. please help

Answers 2

What was the reason for lodging complaint agasint you and your parents under section 420? What complaint is it? If you have FIR copy please forward it to me so that we can see what steps we can take against the FIR lodged. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

If a FIR has been filed then the Police Authorities will investigate the matter to determine the validity of the charges and collect evidence. It is advised that you must cooperate with the investigating authorities in the process and get in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible. Try to find out the contents of the FIR so that you can defend yourself. Meanwhile get in touch with your husband to setlle the matter amicably. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.