in Family Law Criminal Law
Asked June 29, 2017

False information by girl's family for marriage

  • 1 Answer

I was engaged to a girl three months back but within first week of marriage I found that the educational qualifications said were different from which the girl actually possessed and all their status shown as per society were false claims. So I decided to break off with this engagement as I don't want to start a relationship with lies and informed their family also. In starting her family tried to convince me and my parents. We requested them not to continue as its difficult to live whole life with a person whose family one doesn't trust.But at last the girls family members starting call my parents abusing them and threatening to kill me and my dad, and putting up case against me. And it's been almost 2 months no action has been taken from their side . Some lady from Women Cell is calling up my mom and sacring her for some legal action. Please help me out with this . I am ready to file a case against that fraudulent family and what all cases can they file against me?

Answer 1



A marriage based on false information is voidable as per Section 12(c) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, i.e. you can apply to the court for annulling the marriage on this ground. There doesn't appear to be a cause of action for them against you.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.