in Family Law Criminal Law
Asked July 14, 2017

False case by wife in other state

  • 2 Answers

My wife left home two years ago. After few months she filed a false FIR in other state against my family including my sister. Jurisdiction of the complaint was in other state. We got a notice from the court on my mother's name to appear in the court. My wife lives in other town and her father lives in another town. what should we do to avoid going to court since my mother is old and have problem to travel.

Answers 2

Appearance before the Court is must.

Agree Comment 1 Agree about 4 years ago

You can file an application for exemption from appearance with the court, as under Section 205 of the Criminal Procedure Code.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.