Asked August 11, 2016

false bribery charge

  • 1 Answer

Person A secretly bribes person B heavily to declare against person C that person C had actually bribed person B to get some work done three years ago. Person B agrees to sue person C falsely by setting false evidences and agreeing that C bribed him. How can person C claim his innocence in such a case? Can he say that since there is no real-time video or voice recording there is no question of bribe? Also will person C lose his benefits if he accidently loses such a case? What is the remedy?

Answer 1

Default avatar
Saumya Gupta

Bribery is an offence under Section 171B of Indian Penal Code, wherein the person giving as well as taking bribe is guilty of Bribery. In such cases, the burden of proof is on the person filing the case. Therefore, B will provide evidences to the Court to prove the charge. C must look for evidences to rebut them and prove his innocence. The evidences may be of any nature, witnesses or papers or anything. C must provide evidences and witnesses to challenge and contradict the evidences and witnesses presented by B. Also for purposes of your information, filing a case with false charges of offence with an intention to injure is an offence under Section 211 of the Indian Penal Code.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.