Asked February 19, 2017

Eviction of tenant

  • 1 Answer

I gave my property on rent, now I want to file an eviction petition against the tenant. According to the rent agreement, I was receiving a monthly rent of Rs.20,000. Now do I have to pay a stamp duty of 12% on the annual rental income from that property or do I have to pay a certain amount of court fee for filing a case in court against the tenant to vacate my property?

Answer 1

You have to first pay a stamp duty of 12% or whatever percentage is prescribed in your state court. You must have taken some ground on which you are asking your tenants to leave, if that ground is non-payment of rent then you have to pay the duty on the outstanding amount from the tenant.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.