A Bhardwaj
Asked June 11, 2016


  • 1 Answer

Dear sir I had seen an advt. in newspaper on the basis of which I along with my wife and brother met the education consulatant , Amarjeet kaur , for admissions in Phd(Math )for my sister in law, MA(Geo.)for my wife and PHD(hm) for myself in best university. It all started in 29/4/2016 where in an token amount of Rs.10000 was deposited in her name .She had offices in Talwara and Mohali(where we met ).And later on she use to ask money in lieu of one reason or other,till date an amount via net banking from my wife saving account on various intervals of rs.89000 has been deposited , but neither do we get any registration no or receipt.I do have her whats app messages, mail id, office adress, and account no. She tends to give lame excuses and it has become unbearable, These days she doesnt pick phone and sometimes she sends whats app msg that on next few days the work will be done. Please guide me what shal i do.

Answer 1

First step – register a FIR against her and the consultancy firm.


Second step – If it doesn’t give any result file a complaint against them in consumer court at District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum (DCDRF) as the amount is below 20 lakhs


Provisions and Procedure under Consumer Protection Act for filling a complaint:

- You must have a proof of having purchased the goods or availed of the services

- You must ensure that all the relevant facts in support of your case are clearly and specifically stated in the complaint. 

- You must file the complaint in the district forum in whose jurisdiction the Opposite Party has is residing or working for gain or having any office or in whose jurisdiction the cause of action has arisen. You should also ensure that prescribed fee is paid through crossed Demand Draft / or Indian Postal Order

- The complaint should be instituted in the proper forum within the period of two years from the date of cause of action.

- The last para of the complaint should state in the Prayer Clause, the relief, compensation etc. sought from the Forum. Be careful about the Consumer Forum where the case is to be filed.


Section 11 of Consumer Protection provides in this regards as follows: 

Jurisdiction of the District Forum:

  • Complaints where the value of the goods or services and the compensation does not exceed rupees twenty  lakhs, or
  • The opposite party at the time of the institution of the complaint, actually and voluntarily resides or carries on business or has a branch office or personally works for gain, or
  • The cause of action arises.
Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.