Asked October 15, 2016

Divorce law for Christian Marriage

  • 1 Answer

My wife has filed a false Dowry case, Domestic Violence case and one 506 IPC case against me and my family.But now she is willing to live with me. Is she required to file Restitution of Conjugal Rights for reunion? We are not staying together for 8 months, will I be able to apply for Divorce (christian marriage)?

Answer 1

The ground of desertion under the section 10 (9) if the Divorce act 1869 is as follows:- has deserted the petitioner for at least two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition so you will have to be deserted for 16 more months to complete two years.

If you both wish to reconcile you marriage then you can start living together and she can withdraw the case that she has filed. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.