Asked March 15, 2017

Divorce and Alimony

  • 1 Answer

dear lawyer,i had a matrimonial dispute which has been settled by a compromise in the sessions court rohtak.we have filed divorce on mutual consent u/s 13b in family court rohtak itself.i have already given the settelment amount now can family court give something else to her other than the settelment amount.

Answer 1



In the case of divorce by mutual consent under Section 13b of the Hindu Marriage Act,1955, if the settlement amount is paid then there might be the maintenance amount which you have to pay. Now, this amount depend on your compromise agreement between both of you as whether if it is expressly agreed or denied in it.Therefore, depending on it the court may order in this case.



Jayant Garg 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.