Masrat Bazaz
in Property Law Contracts Law Civil Law
Asked September 29, 2017

Dispute with seller on a portion of the sold property

  • 1 Answer

I bought a land and the raod on it 6 years ago. The previous owner of the road is a lady who now claims that the road is not a part of the property. My documents are in order and the lady insists that she will challenge my claim to the road in the Court.  What can I do?

Answer 1

You should seek the help from the office of the Tehsildar/Revenue Officer. File a RTI to get the layout of the property and the documents submitted at the time of registration. This will help you in identifying whether your claim is correct or the lady's which can be employed in case a case is filed against you. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.