in Commercial Law Civil Law Criminal Law
Asked August 03, 2017

Deposited money (shares) in a company and is not getting it back

  • 2 Answers

Sir, I was Director in the Pvt Ltd Company along with share holder of 2000 share at the time of formation of the company i e year 2010. I have resigned from Directorship of the Company in Jan 2012. At the time of resigning there was a deposit in my name appx. Rs.11,00,000/- in a/c of Unsecured Loan & Share Holding was as it is. In current scenario, company was taken over by another person in the year 2014 and my shares are also transferred without my knowledge & consent. I have asked to current owner of company about my Shares & Deposits, but they are saying that at the time of take over, my name was not existing as a Share Holder or not in any unsecured loan. Kindly advise, what can I do for my deposited money in the company. 

Answers 2

Legal advice

1. It is necessary to go through your document.

2. You can file company petition before the Hon'ble High Court for recovery of your money and  filling which you can also ask Winding Up of the said company.

3. Make grievance to the Registrar of the companies under the provisions of the Company Act.

4. If your amount was sure as unsecured loan you will file civil suit as well as criminal case under various provisions under Companies Act as well as IPC. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

You can file a suit against the company in this respect, claiming title over the shares, and requesting repayment of the unsecured loan.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.