Asked April 30, 2017

Demolition of Building

  • 1 Answer

Our shop on a dp road was demolished last month. It was more than 45 years old. We were given notice. A part of it was not demolished.A builder too i's going 2 build a residential bldg behind our shop. Looks a bit suspicious. Our shop is at Andheri East. Our business is at a standstill. Nobody coming forward after that. Family is totally distressed. Please help is 2 know what compensation do we stand for. It was actually a politician- builder nexus. Please offer some suggestions.

Answer 1

First of all, I would advise you to file an FIR in the police station against the party and ask for the protection too of your family and property. Now In case, if the builder takes further action, you have every right to protect your property as applying any kind of force which can stop him doing illegal Act.therefore, the further step would be filing a case in the court on the urgent basis that the under Indian penal code, 1860 under the Section 327, 329, 347, 356, 424, these are laws which will be made him liable for his illegal act and secondly file the case for suit for damages as  recovery suit under Order 37 rule 2 for recovery of loss from the property.



Jayant Garg

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.