Asked August 14, 2013

Defective product: legal remedies

  • 2 Answers

I have a sony xperia phone ,the phone is going to problem again and again,i request to sony for change my device but sony is not doing this.So thing i will go with law.what is thw way?please anybody help me????????????

Answers 2

Default avatar


With regard to you problem we need to first know what are the conditions of warranty you have received while purchasing the concerned Sony Xperia phone. 

However, as far as the normal dictum goes, any phone comes with a guarantee of a year, but such guarantee is only for manufacturing defaults and not for man-handling. Hence, if your phone is facing problem due to manufacturing problems it may be either, changed by the company, only those parts which are causing hindrance to proper functioning of your phone, and if the entire set up is facing problem due to certain maufacturing defect then the company may exchange the whole set. But definitely before exchanging the entire set, it is observed that, the company tries all possible way outs. However, even with your repeated attempts of asking them to clear up the mess, you may serve them with a legal notice which can be followed a case being registered at the appropriate consumer court, essentially district level covers the jusrisdiction from the place from where you purchased the set.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 8 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.