Asked June 20, 2016

daughter's share in family property

  • 1 Answer

Can I know under which act or section the married women will get equal right in share of property of her parents....? Please reply on my email njayasree39@gmail.com asap......

Answer 1

For this answer, we are assuming you are asking about a Hindu daughter.  

Under Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, after its amendment in 2005, a daughter has equal right to inherit her parents' property, as a son does. 

However, please note that according to this section as well as a recent Supreme Court Judgement, a daughter can only hold a right to the ancestral property if the father passes away after this amendment came into force in 2005.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.