Asked July 06, 2016

Court Marriage

  • 1 Answer

Sir maine cort me sadi ki thi aur jis din ladki mere ghar aayi use usake ghar wale le gye aur thana me usane ghar walo k pressure me aa k na kr diya to koi upay ho to bataiye.

Answer 1

Answer by Sammanika Rawat, Lawfarm Researcher:

Since it was a court marriage, you must be having the documents of the 'registration of marriage'. They shall be helpful to prove in the court that it was a registered marriage. In such a case, the court shall ask the girl to submit her reasons as to why she does not want to continue with the marriage. If she responds by saying that she is facing pressure from the family, than the court will respect the marriage deed. It is totally dependent on her response in front of the court. The statement given at the police station shall not be considered if she says otherwise in the court.


However in case you do not have the proof of the registration of marriage than the marriage shall not be considered valid by the court.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.