Navya Hegde
in Criminal Law
Asked October 24, 2017

Consulting company cheated for job

  • 2 Answers

I have got cheated by a Consulting Company. They told me that if I pay the amount I will get a job. And I have paid total of Rs.56,700/- Still they were asking some more money I refused and told them to cancel the profile. Its been 5 months last month they were tellinh they will reimburse the money in 5 days. But now their mobiles are switched off what should I do now? Please suggest

Answers 2


Immediately make police complaint in police station of your area. Provide as much details as possible like bank account details if transfered the money to the account, any kind of email or whattsapp communication, all the phone numbers, names , pics if any from whatts app profile and address etc. 

Take the receipt of your complaint and keep a check on your complaint till you get the copy of fir in your hand. Once you make complaint and get the receipt, keep in touch with the SI to whom the complaint is assigned and get the copy of FIR. If your FIR is not registered then it means either police is not relying on your complaint or police have made understanding with the accused. If your do not get the copy of FIR within one month of receipt of ur complaint , make second complaint to senior officer and attached the copy of previous complaint and wait for another 30 days n if still nothing happened then there is only option to make complaint to the court under section 156 & 200 IPC.


For any guidnace or legal query may contact Saathi legal India at Dwarka More, Delhi near church street on sunday between 9 AM to 12 Noon or may call at 9773580878.




Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

If you wish to go for civil remedy then send a legal notice whereas if you wish to adopt criminal remedy then file a complaint under section 415, 420 of IPC, 1860.

Section 415. Cheating.—Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any proper­ty to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Explanation.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section.


Section 420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.