Asked April 24, 2017

Construction of toilet

  • 2 Answers

Hi, I am staying in a house purchased by my father in 2000 from the actual owner who had constructed the house in 1993.I have the sanctioned plan of the house.When we purchased the house from the owner there were 2 small room on the south-west side of the plot and a small bathroom for the servants on the north side of the plot.Now due to some safety issues with the neighbour we want to construct a boundary wall on the west side of our house and also a small toilet in the setback area of the west side.The total plot is of 336sq. yards.The existing rooms are of 200sq.ft. and the existing bathroom is of 30sq.ft. Now the new one to be constructed is of 30sq.ft. Presently our neighbour has filed a complaint with the GHMC regarding the construction and we have received 2 notices for the work to be stopped although there is no concern of the construction with his property. Can you please guide me whether this much deviation is allowed that too only for a construction of a toilet.

Answers 2

if your new construction will be a barrier for your neighbour for sun light, fresh air.

than it has to be stopped if no than you file your reply to authority and start construction with prior approval for authority.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Sir, you are entitled to construct whatever you may want (barring some exceptions that may infringe on the easement of others) on your premises. Nobody including the GHMC has the right to stop you. Please reply to the notice duly citing reasons as to why you have not breached any duty and are within your right to construct a toilet. You may also speak with your neighbor to clear out the matter peacefully and to get a win-win solution. However, if these attempts fail you may file a Writ of mandamus before the Hon’ble High Court seeking an order that prevents the GHMC from interfering with your construction

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.