Asked September 11, 2016

Construction of the house

  • 1 Answer

My plot comes under BMRDA, but panchyat plan approval. People questioned why I have not taken it from BMRDA. I started construction, but I did a mistake that I left only 3 inch from left side and not any setback in front side, ground floor slab is still pending. Now, my neighbour is objecting it and threating me that he would approach court and is asking me to leave 1 and half feet. Since, till slab level work is already done and 5 columns are there I am unable to move by 1 and half feet. If I move, it would mean full plan will have to be demolished? I'm in a very bad situatuion. I tried to compromise with him in form of money but did not work. Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Answer 1

If it is not possible to leave one and a half feet, try leaving a gap somewhere near to one feet. Try getting the plan approved by BMRDA. I don't think compromising in terms of money should be done as it can be always used against you. An expert advice from a civil engineer might help.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.