Asked June 28, 2016

College not Accepting OBC certificate

  • 1 Answer

Sir/Madam, I belong to OBC category of UP state and my family have annual income about 3.5 lakhs from all sources. My father is at govt service. He is S.I. at U.P.P. and I have applied for admission in UPTU, they have asked me to submit latest caste certificate but I have the caste certificate made in 2014 year, they refused to accept it. Can I submit an affidavit instead of the same? Is there any other solution for the problem?

Answer 1

As seen on the information brochure of the UPTU regarding the admission process, it says that the certificate no. 2 for OBC candidates will be entertained only if it is issued on or after 01.04.2016 (mandatory due to condition of creamy layer for OBC).

These certificates, in original, will have to be produced at the time of Document Verification along with one self-attested copy of each one of them. The proforma of the certificates are given at the end of the Information Brochure at Appendix-D, which are subject to change even up to the date of admission, as per the orders of Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.


How to get Caste Certificate online: Application via e-District UP Website :

Go to and select the option for “Caste Certificate (Jaati Pramanpatra)”

You can get the application here and download it in PDF file.

Fill up the application form with the following information:

Area, village / town

Name of applicant

Father’s / husband’s name

Mother’s name

Current address complete with house number / post / district / tehsil / village

Mobile number


Sub caste

Reason why you want to get caste certificate

Format (language) of caste certificate

Have you got any caste proof

Have you paid application fees

After this process submit it to the offices mentioned on the website. Once the process will done you will receive a sms on the number which you had filled on the application.

You can then collect it from the office where you submitted the form.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.