Asked July 11, 2016

College not accepting Caste certificate

  • 1 Answer

I appeared for UGAT 2016 of Allahabad University for admission in B. Com. I qualified for admission under SC reservation quota. When I went for counselling on 09/07/2016 after reporting I was informed that I could not be considered as SC candidate because my caste certificate(issued in 2004 by tehsildar) is old and they could not verify that online . I.was told to bring new caste certificate on next counselling. But next counselling which is also the last is on 12/07/2016 that is tomorrow. It would be impossible for us to produce new certificate that early.Please help me

Answer 1

Unfortunately, it is too late now. It is best to talk to the university officials and check with them to see if they have a date later on, to carry out counselling of candidates with procedural issues such as this one.

In the meantime, it is best if you keep a recent caste certificate with yourself.


How to get Caste Certificate online: 

Application via e-District UP Website :

Go to and select the option for “Caste Certificate (Jaati Pramanpatra)”

You can get the application here and download it in PDF file.

Fill up the application form with the following information:

Area, village / town

Name of applicant

Father’s / husband’s name

Mother’s name

Current address complete with house number / post / district / tehsil / village

Mobile number


Sub caste

Reason why you want to get caste certificate

Format (language) of caste certificate

Have you got any caste proof

Have you paid application fees


After this process submit it to the offices mentioned on the website. Once the process will done you will receive a sms on the number which you had filled on the application.

You can then collect it from the office where you submitted the form.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.