Asked October 08, 2016

Cheated by telephone fraud

  • 2 Answers

I got cheated by a telephonic fraud. How can I get my money back?

Answers 2

Go to police station, narrate the incident and register your complaint with all true facts. Provide all necesary proofs to investigation officer

Analyse the reasons you were cheated by a telephonic fraud and don't allow such reasons in near future to happen.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

You can file a case against the person who cheated you under Section 415 and 420 of Indian Penal Code 1860. To be able to establish the fraud, you should keep the telephone record, money transaction details available.

For your reference, the relevant provisions are provided below:-


Section 415: Cheating.—Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any proper­ty to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Explanation.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section. 


Section 420: Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.