Himanshu Rana
Asked November 11, 2016

Cheated by movers and packers

  • 3 Answers

I am a kidney patient and me and my mother lived in rented room.I am on dialysis we have decided to move to kanpur so we got a packer and mover. I called him and they came home and carried away all goods and told they will send in 7 days but 4 month passed and they did not send my household goods then we went to that address but there was no such address. So I went to Inderpuri for lodging complain but they refused and said go to that address which is mentioned in that slip. 

Answers 3

Please file offical complaint with consumer forum. Call national consumer helpline!

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

you can file a consumer complaint in the consumer forum, on basis of the slip that you have

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

You should give a notice to the company stating all facts in detail and mentioning that if within a given period of time (you can decide one week/month or so ) the company doesn't deliver your goods, then you will proceed for legal proceedings againt them. Make sure you get the receipt for delivery of notice to them. Once the stipulated time frame is over and assuming you do not get the goods, you can file a complaint to the consumer forum under the Consumer protection act. You can simply file an application along with relevant details and reciepts. In the complaint also mention your complete details and the amount of compensation you seek. The forum where the complaint needs to be filed will depend on the territorial and pecuniary jurisidiction which can be ascertained easily from the Consumer Protection Act 1986.

In case you wish to proceed for criminal proceedings, then you can go and file a complaint with police for Cheating:-

Section 415 in The Indian Penal Code

415. Cheating.—Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any proper­ty to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Explanation.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section. 

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.


If you need assistance for initiating proceedings, please refer to following link: http://lawfarm.in/legal_cases/new


Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.