Rakesh Khatri
in Civil Law
Asked October 10, 2017

Case against polluting industries

  • 1 Answer

Hi Sir/Madam, Please guide me on where and what case to file against the polluting industry(IGL(India Glycols ltd,Kashipur). I have been following brief points to clarify my stand 1) The above said factory is releasing its effluents in river Saryu(Locally called as 'Bhala') 2) Thousands of hectares of agricultural land is getting polluted with this polluted water spanning in Uttarakahand,U.P and ground water also getting polluted 3) This is causing the violation of basic right to live and access to clean water and food. 4) Pls suggest what is the remedy available to us ,since lacs of farmers are getting affected Thanks Rakesh Khatri

Answer 1

Since this involves a serious environmental concern you may wish to file a PIL in the court. Please check our earlier post on PIL: https://www.lawfarm.in/blogs/how-to-file-a-pil-public-interest-litigation-in-india

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.