Asked June 29, 2016

Assets in relatives name

  • 1 Answer

We have kept gold and took money from bank, but we did taht on our relative name and at that time she signed and when we want to repay and take back the gold she is not coming because we had some family problems?? How can we proceed now??

Answer 1

One option would be to go by the process of litigation. Because, here the Court would be the appropriate authority to direct the person after proper proceedings. Therefore, the option for filing declaration suit would be in your best interest. 

Under the suit, you would be required to establish the title as the onus is on you to prove it. In establishing the rightful title, the Court may further direct the defendant to act in the specific manner. Hence, the appropriate remedy suggested would be to file a “Declaration Suit”.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.