Rob Singh
Asked August 24, 2016

Appeal against unsatisfactory reply to RTI

  • 1 Answer

I have filled Rti to tehsildar and asked for copy of jamabandi 2004 and two questions about transactions in this jamabandi and got unsatisfactory reply from pio that get copy from fard kendar and answer to these questions is not given as per rti rules. Now what reason will I fill in first appeal?

Answer 1

The Right to information Act, 2005 is the weapon to the citizens to have access to information which would make citizens more aware of the functioning, and mandates the Public Information Officer (PIO) to provide the information.

You have the right to file an appeal against the RTI application if the response is found to be unsatisfactory/insufficient or if the response has not been received within 30 days of receipt of RTI application. You must file the First Appeal within 30 days from the date of expiring of the prescribed period or from receipt of communication from the PIO.

Now, it is equally important to understand when a first appeal can be filed and the mode of filing it. Here, the requirement has been fulfilled because the person receiving is not satisfied with the appeal. The First Appeal can be filed by finding the name, designation and address of the first appellate authority from the reply letter of the PIO. The applicant can also file an appeal as “The First Appellate Authority under RTI, Office of..., and send it to the address of the PIO. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.