Parkhi Hukku
Asked January 05, 2017

Alteration in the Birth Certificate

  • 2 Answers

I would like to change my kid name on Birth Certificate.He is just 2.5 years old. What is the process to do it ?

Answers 2

If you urban,

Parents ke traf se affidavit name and dob mention krna hota hai

SDM dwara ek application forward karwana hota hai

Nearest nagar nigam me ja kr application submit kr skte hai.

Online ki bhi suvidha hai

Ek saptah me taiyar ho jata hai

Jyada jankari ke liye contact kr skte hai 

Advocate Vijay Prakash Sonkar 

District&High Court Allahabad

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Getting the name of your child changed isn’t that big a problem, it might be a little time

consuming though. You need to submit an affidavit (original) attested by first class

Magistrate/Notary/Oath Commissioner that reveals the full details of the guardians and their

residential address. Now, the father or the mother is supposed to notify the change of name in

at least two leading newspapers (with one them being a local newspaper preferably). The

publication shall include,

 Previous Name

 Changed Name

 Current Address

 Date of affidavit

 Name of notary

When this gets done, you need to get the change of name published in the Gazette of India

and for this; you need to send a few documents in an envelope to the Controller of

Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-54. Now, since this is the last step

you really need to pay attention and send in everything that is mentioned below: 

A letter that describes the documents enclosed within the envelope.

 The original Affidavit for change of name.

 The original newspaper publication.

 A postal order or a demand draft of Rs. 1100 in the favor of Controller of Publication,

Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-54. The amount of Rs. 1100 mentioned

is subject to change (mostly increase) after 31 March, 2017.

 Attach two passport size photographs of one of the parents and one of the son, the

photos have to be attested by Gazetted officer/oath commissioner/notary public.

 An undertaking duly signed by the applicant (the parent of the child) that shows the

old name as well as changed name, declaring that the facts stated therein are true and

correct to the best of her knowledge and belief.

Some things to keep in mind:

 There are a lot of sample affidavit specimens available on the internet which can be

really helpful.

After you have changed your name successfully, you need to get all the official

documents updated for which the newspaper publication and Gazette notification

should suffice.

 The documents once submitted will not be returned in any circumstances, neither

original nor Xerox.


Research by - Ashwini Panwar, Lawfarm Team 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.