Sudheer Bolla
Asked February 11, 2017

Advance money paid for bike

  • 2 Answers

I have given advance of Rs. 5000 to a bike owner through bank account transfer. He used to be in contact with me with whatsapp and through call using same number.But now when I call him,Someone else is lifting the call and saying it is not his number. He is not replying in Whatsapp.I have all messages and bank transfer proof and his bank account details.How can I get my money back.

Answers 2

In this case just get his details through  his name and vehicle number issue a legal notice to him and if he fails to turn up and provide you the relief  file a case in civil court  asking  for refund  of amount with interests,  costs of case and compensation. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

You have been cheated and can either file a criminal complaint against the person concerned or go for consumer complaint and send him a notice specifying all details of your transaction and correspondence. At the end of notice put a deadline and state if the other person does not do the needful then you will initiate criminal action.

Under IPC your remedy is under following sections:

Section 415

Section 415 in The Indian Penal Code

415. Cheating.—Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any proper­ty to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he would not do or omit if he were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to “cheat”. Explanation.—A dishonest concealment of facts is a deception within the meaning of this section.

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.