Santhosh Kumar
in Civil Law
Asked September 09, 2017

Abandoned after married in secrecy

  • 2 Answers

My girlfriend cheated me on promise of married me is it any possible to file a case against her i married her secretly and i am not register the marriage please guide me

Answers 2

Respected Sir

You can still fight for you Rights.

Better Advice can be given you only after having detail discussion with you., as there are many possibilities.

For further discussion & information about your case feel free to CONTACT me 9278457822/9136197992.


Adv.Shuchi Agarwal

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

First of all you need to procure evidence that you were married. Priest/official who solemenized your marriage statement will be relevant. If you can establish that, you can file a case for restitution of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act or even for divorce. A registered marriage certificate will always be more helpful but that does not mean that you cannot seek any relief under the Act if you can establish that you were married to the person.  

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.